Insight Outlook - Emotional Intelligence For Teenagers
A life changing Emotional Intelligence course for teenagers (Duration 4 x 4 hours)
Learning how to become emotionally literate is one of the best investments that human beings can make for themselves, their family and their future.
Many of today’s young people experience overwhelming anxiety, feel intense depression and often have to deal with stress and pressure, sometimes edging beyond that of an adult. Emotional and social ineptitude is painful in the life of a young child, in fact even in the life of an adult.
The Insight Outlook is a logical, practical workshop in Emotional Intelligence for teenagers. It focuses on taking ownership of your emotions, thoughts and behaviour. It will get rid of anxiety, help you deal with mood swings and avoid depression. It will give you direction in creating your best life.
Key areas covered:
- What is Emotional Intelligence: Clearly understand the enormous impact negative emotions have on your personal behaviour; you're your family, relationships, academic achievements, health and associated diseases and how to break this emotional cycle to create your best life.
- Self-awareness: Identify your personality type and recognize your strengths and weaknesses. Learn to open up to new worlds and different points of view. You will begin reassessing and redefining who you are and what you really stand for.
- Mindfulness: Understand how the brain works and the power of thought, imagination and visualization. The conscious and sub conscious mind – getting them to work together. Relaxation and breathing techniques.
- Direction: In order to achieve success you need direction, discipline and perseverance so you will learn how to set goals in a simple and very effective way that works. You will learn to create your life and not to squander it living under a cloud of impending doom.
- Self- Regulation: Recognize how your thoughts and emotions produce the circumstances and conditions you experience in life. You will start to care for your body and to treat it with respect. You will begin to eat a balanced diet, drink more water, and take more time to exercise and more time to laugh and feed your soul.
- Social skills: Develop the ability to understand and recognise other's emotions and how they affect you. You learn to look at relationships as they really are and not as you would have them be. You will build relationships that are meaningful, genuine and not settle for less than you are worth.
- Family and Friends: You will understand the importance of surrounding yourself with a positive supportive network of friends and family which helps you nurture a positive view of yourself. Develop affirmations and self-belief to project a positive image.