By the end of the course you will be able to recognize how anger and conflict affects your body, your mind and your behaviour and the financial effect it has on a business.
You will be better able to control your own emotions when faced with other peoples' anger. You will understand what conflict is and how it can escalate. You will be able to develop effective techniques for intervention strategies, strengthen staff trust and morale and become more confident in your ability to manage conflicts to enhance productivity and performance
- To be made aware of the cost of Conflict and Anger to the company and your eventual success and happiness.
- The purpose of conflict and changing what you do for a different outcome. Remember to let them save face.
- How to use factual language, NOT emotionalised, highly charged language.
- Preparing your message in advance and how to always give them a specific "way out" of the conflict situation.
- How to distinguish between "reasons" and "excuses" for not doing something.
- Learn when to compromise and when not to.
- Recognize the five most common conflict resolution styles and when to use them.
- How to choose an appropriate approach to each situation and reframe your response.
- To understand personality types and how we react under stress and frustration Watch the body language and listen for the voice tone and how to keep control of you.
- To develop long term strategies to reduce your susceptibility to feelings of anger and frustration and to recognize the essential role of stress management in reducing anger.
- The Impact of Anger on Personal Behaviour, your health and associated diseases and how to break out of the emotional cycle.